By Kalervo Järvelin (auth.), Paul Clough, Colum Foley, Cathal Gurrin, Gareth J. F. Jones, Wessel Kraaij, Hyowon Lee, Vanessa Mudoch (eds.)
This booklet constitutes the refereed complaints of the thirty third annual eu convention on details Retrieval study, ECIR 2011, held in Dublin, eire, in April 2010. The forty five revised complete papers offered including 24 poster papers, 17 brief papers, and six software demonstrations have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 223 complete study paper submissions and sixty four poster/demo submissions. The papers are geared up in topical sections on textual content categorization, recommender platforms, net IR, IR review, IR for Social Networks, cross-language IR, IR concept, multimedia IR, IR functions, interactive IR, and query answering /NLP.
Read Online or Download Advances in Information Retrieval: 33rd European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2011, Dublin, Ireland, April 18-21, 2011. Proceedings PDF
Best european books
The ecu Congress of arithmetic, held each 4 years, has verified itself as an important overseas mathematical occasion. Following these in Paris (1992), Budapest (1996), Barcelona (2000), and Stockholm (2004), the 5th ecu Congress of arithmetic (5ECM) came about in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 14-18, 2008, with approximately a thousand contributors from sixty eight varied international locations.
The superb development of computational assets has made attainable the modeling of complicated chemical approaches. To strengthen those versions one must continue from rigorous theoretical how you can approximate ones by means of exploiting the potential for leading edge architectural positive aspects of contemporary concurrent processors.
The FEDERATION OF ecu BIOOHE1IUCAL SOCIETIES, which got here into being simply over 3 years in the past, may have a profound impression at the improvement of biochemistry in Europe and within the remainder of the realm. hence, the Council of the overseas UNION OF BIOCHEMISTRY has considered the expansion of the Federation with huge satis faction.
An in depth exam of monetary policy-making within the USSR through the interval of the second one Five-Year Plan (1933-1937). The paintings examines the method in which the plan used to be formulated and applied, via a chain of designated case-studies, in keeping with archival fabric, reading the position of the Politburo, the Soviet executive, Gosplan and the most financial commissariats.
- Institutioneller Wandel von Börsen: Eine evolutionsökonomische Analyse
- Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases: European Conference, ECML PKDD 2015, Porto, Portugal, September 7-11, 2015, Proceedings, Part I
- Technologies of Light: Lasers · Fibres · Optical Information Processing Early Monitoring of Technological Change A Report from the FAST Programme of the Commission of the European Communities
- An Ethnological Map of European Turkey and Greece (1874): with introductory remarks of the distribution of races in the Illyrian Peninsula and statistical tables of population
Extra info for Advances in Information Retrieval: 33rd European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2011, Dublin, Ireland, April 18-21, 2011. Proceedings
5. 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Level Fig. 6. Comparisons among EDC and RBO with Add-One Smoothing, and RBO with Interpolation Performance with Different Categories. With the limited space and resources required to run the experiments for all the categories in the hierarchy, we show the performance for the top-level categories only. As shown in Table 2, PDC-CBO and PDC-RBO show the remarkable improvements over DC and EDC across different categories. 83% improvements, respectively, compared to EDC. 4428.
This dramatically reduces the factors that lead to topic drift in merged tag document. 4 Comparison of Clustering Based on Tags and/or Words Since user-related tag expansion greatly improves the performance of tag based web document clustering, it is natural to consider the following questions:(1)Are tags a better resource than words on document clustering? (2)How eﬃcient tagbased document clustering is? We further conducted the experiments and compared clustering performance based on diﬀerent information sources: (1) using only words (KMeans-W, LDAW) (2) using only tags (LDA-M) (3) combining words and tags (MM-LDA, Folk-MM-LDA).
Finally classification is performed after training a classifier for the candidate P. Clough et al. ): ECIR 2011, LNCS 6611, pp. 7–18, 2011. -S. Oh, Y. -H. Myaeng categories using the training documents. By focusing on highly relevant categories from the entire hierarchy, this approach can alleviate error propagation and time complexity problems of a pure machine-leaning based algorithm. Despite the improved performance, the afore mentioned approach suffers from a relatively small number of training documents that are local to a category in a huge hierarchy.
Advances in Information Retrieval: 33rd European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2011, Dublin, Ireland, April 18-21, 2011. Proceedings by Kalervo Järvelin (auth.), Paul Clough, Colum Foley, Cathal Gurrin, Gareth J. F. Jones, Wessel Kraaij, Hyowon Lee, Vanessa Mudoch (eds.)